Thanks for visiting. I'll come in often to share some random thoughts about my art making. Happy viewing, and drop me a line or two @comment to let me know what you think :)

Monday 8 July 2013

Smoothness on textures - continues

The challenge of adopting the "making big' mindset of working from a 6"x6" paper to a 3'x4' canvas continued.  To know, but not exactly knowing what I was making, I simply had to let go.  "Eliza go for it!"  Within half hour of quick layering some paints and gels, the ground work was done.  Adding in the colors gave a first definition of the painting.

... Came back to studio the morning, the WIP I did the night before caught my eyes. It's like a girl waving at me. Bliss!

I had to move fast to transfer the impression I had in mind onto the canvas, or else I would be trapped by the textures!  To opt for a balance in pictorial elements, I had to draw textures on smooth planes and smoothness on textured paints.  I finally overcame the pyschological hurdle that could've dictated the subject - yay!!




No comments:

Post a Comment